Submission to SUNScholar
SUNScholar is now open to receive new nominations for the March 2018 graduation period. Guidelines for submission into SUNScholar is available at Library Help-page and General Yearbook 2018 for policy guidelines. To summarise the process:
1. The final document has to be submitted in pdf format. This is the copy following examination, and after all corrections have been made.
2. The supervisor/promoter/admin staff member nominates the candidate via the staff portal.
3. The thesis/dissertation is uploaded at: https://etd.sun.ac.za/submissions
4. The supervisor/promoter/admin staff member approves the submission via the staff portal.
5. The thesis/dissertation will be publicly accessible via the Internet following graduation.
The final date for the submission of theses/dissertations for the March 2018 graduation is 28 February 2018.
Publishing books/chapters in books and copyright
All inquiries related to copyright and the publication of books/chapters in books as a result of a thesis/dissertation can be directed to InnovUS.
Frequently asked questions regarding theses/dissertations
Signature on declaration page: Please note that the signature is no longer required, and that the student can simply type his/her name below the declaration. The reason for this is that the whole process is recorded electronically, as proof that all parties adhere to the policy etc.
Crest: If there are students struggling with adding the crest, please submit without the crest, and we will make sure that the crest is added in the end.
Stellenbosch University Library and Information Service, Helpline Numbers: +27 21 808 4883, Corp Office / Postal Address: Private Bag X5036 Stellenbosch, 7599