- University of Cape Town
- University of the Western Cape
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
A letter of introduction from the home library and appropriate identification are required.
of the Library and Information Service are accessible free of charge subject to positive identification with a valid identification document (photo identification is essential). See Library hours
- Number of loans: 6 items
- Borrowing period: 14 days per item
- Renewals: 2 per item (within maximum renewal period of 42 days) unless someone else has requested it. Renew online or enquire at the lending desk.
- Returns: To any of the libraries of the Library and Information Service
- Fines for overdue items: R1.00 per item per day
- Fine limit: R30.00 (borrowing privileges will be suspended when this limit has been exceeded)
books currently on loan: Free and unlimited. Reserve online or enquire at the lending desk.
- Material available to borrow: All item types where POLICY is indicated as “Unrestricted"
- Lost/damaged books: Replacement value payable to the Library and Information Service
Free self-help access is available to walk-in users only, in any of the libraries. Due to licensing agreements, access to some electronic resources is restricted to currently registered students and staff members of Stellenbosch University.
Finding books, articles & other information resources
our library homepage
and type your
search terms in the search box or choose E-databases or E-journals from the
FIND menu. Guidelines are available at Find, access and use information
effectively: a step by step guide
. See Find
. Due to licensing agreements, access to some electronic resources are restricted
to currently registered students and staff members of Stellenbosch University.
Internet & wireless accessNo internet and wireless access is available to CHELiN members in any of the libraries. Internet and wireless access is limited to Stellenbosch University staff and students registered on
the University network.
The service is restricted to staff and registered students of Stellenbosch University.
Print, copy & scan
Cash facilities are provided by Maties Copy & Printing in the Stellenbosch University Library or at the lending desks of the branch libraries. See Print, copy & scan