SUNJournals - Open Access scholarly journals hosted by Stellenbosch University
The implementation of a platform to host open
access online journals is a collaborative effort between the Library and
Information Service and academic departments and other units affiliated
with Stellenbosch University, in support of the mission and strategy of
the University. SUNJournals is the name of the service offered to our
clients. Open Journal Systems (OJS) - the software being used to host
the journals - is a journal management and publishing system that has
been developed by the Public Knowledge Project through its
federally-funded efforts to expand and improve access to research. The pilot project was conducted during 2011.
Online journals hosted by the SU Library and Information Service
Journal-related services offered by the SU Library and Information Service
- Hosting of journal on virtual server.
- Digital preservation of journal for the long-term.
- Back-up of journal.
- Registering a DOI prefix with CrossRef.
- Registering of article doi's with CrossRef.
- Registering an eISSN.
- Registering a journals.ac.za domain name.
- Regular upgrading of OJS software.
- Persistent URL's.
- Registering the journal with search engines, harvesters, directories.
- Training and support in setting up the journal.
Tel.: +27 21 808 9139/9046