Undergraduates (Music): 15 items, 2 weeks
Postgraduate (Music): 20 items, 4 weeks
Academic staff (Music): 30 items, 3 months
Off-campus students: 15 items, 2 months
Certificate Programme students: 3 items, 2 weeks
Non-paying secondary clients: 3 items, 2 weeks
Paying clients: 3 items, 2 weeks
Alumni: 3 items, 2 weeks
Reference material, material from the special collections (DOMUS) and bound journal titles may be used in the library only.
Short loan items may be borrowed for three hours or overnight - to be returned by 09:00 the next morning.
Borrowing privileges for current journal titles and audio-visual material are restricted to academic staff of the Department of Music. Other clients may use the listening booths available in the library - earphones are issued at the lending desk.
Two renewals are allowed (if not reserved by another client) by:
• replying to the library's courtesy e-mail that will be sent to remind you the loan is due to be returned;
• calling the lending desk on 021 808 2337;
• visiting the library;
• signing in to My Account and renewing loans online. No online renewals are allowed if loans are already
If an item is on loan to another client you can make an online reservation
or ask a staff member at the lending desk for assistance.
• Return items on loan to the Music Library during library hours.
• Return items to any other library of the Library and Information Service (excluding short loan items).
Penalty for overdue items: 50c per item per day.
Penalty for overdue short loan items: R10-00 per item per hour.
Submit a request for an item not available in the collections of the SU Library and Information Service from another library.
This service is restricted to:
Request an interlibrary loan