The e-classroom is equipped with 48 computer work stations and the following equipment:
- Two overhead data projectors.
- An interactive projector with classroom management software.
- Computers with Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2010 software programmes (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as with CD/DVD drives and USB ports for USB flash disks.
- A lectern with a computer for a trainer/lecturer.
Clients are requested:
- To ensure that all computer equipment, including the projector, are switched OFF before leaving the e-classroom.
- Not to move furniture around in the e-classroom, neither to remove furniture from, or add other furniture to the classroom.
- Not to smoke or have refreshments in the e-classroom.
- Not to put anything up on the walls of the e-classroom.
- Not to disturb clients in close proximity of the e-classroom.
- To keep the e-classroom tidy at all times.
Clients who fail to comply with these rules will be denied further bookings of the e-classroom.
The primary purpose of the e-classroom is for use as a client training facility by library staff.
Bookings free of charge
As from the second term of each year the e-classroom may be booked free of charge by staff of Stellenbosch University on the condition that the session/workshop complies with the following objectives:
- Promoting the use of library sources.
- Promoting information literacy development.
Bookings at a fee
For sessions/workshops not complying with the above objectives, staff of Stellenbosch University may book the e-classroom (as from the second term of each year) at a fee.
Non-university institutions and members of the public may also book the e-classroom at a fee, as from the second term.
Stellenbosch University staff and students:
R125.00 per hour for a maximum of 8 hours (R1000.00)
Non-university institutions and members of the public:
R250.00 per hour for a maximum of 8 hours (R2000.00)
To book the e-classroom please contact Elbie van Wyk
or phone +27 21 808 4399. All bookings must be made well in advance. The keys to the e-classroom must be collected at and returned to the Learning Commons help desk. Refreshments facilities are not available. Please direct participants of sessions/workshops to the Langenhoven Student Centre ("The Neelsie").